Background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

THE WEEKEND


So this weekend wasn't too exciting, but that's ok. On Saturday we had a yard sale at my parents' house. We got rid of a lot of stuff and we made about $130.00, so that was GREAT!! I made a Mary Kay delivery then went to work for a few hours. Saturday night we didn't do much. We went to Blockbuster and got a few movies. I watched "Precious" while Matt was working out in the garden. I didn't like it at all. It was just depressing. Do people like to be depressed? I often wonder about that because all of the movies that get such high praise from everyone are usually the most horribly depressing stories ever. Like the book "The Glass Castle"....everyone praises that book like it's the best book ever written. I finally read it a couple of months ago and I hated it. Way too depressing. People say these stories are inspiring, but I don't know. They're 95% depressing and 5% uplifting, in my opinion. Anyway, maybe people do like feeling depressed, but I don't get it. :) To each their own, I guess. Sunday was pretty uneventful as well. We did pick some apricots in the evening though, then my parents came over and picked a bunch more. I got them all cleaned and halved and froze a bunch of them. The others I am going to make some homemade ice cream with tonight. I'm excited about that, it should be really yummy. :) I love homemade ice cream, it's the best!!
Isabelle has been obsessed with this ladybug book that Matt's mom sent to her a little while ago. We have to read it to her about 10 to 20 times a day. It's the cutest book. Every page you turn gets rid of one of the little lady bugs. She is starting to learn her numbers with this book. There's a number in the corner of every page for how many ladybugs are on that page. As soon as you turn the page she points to the number and says a number. She's usually right. :) I'm so glad that she loves to read, because so do I.
Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Have a great day, everyone!! Oh, and don't forget that my birthday is next Thursday. :D

No comments: