Background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

APRICOTS!!!

My parents & Kae came over last night and picked 5 buckets of apricots. I'm so excited!! I'm going to process our share tonight. I'm going to can them all this go around. We'll be picking more on Saturday (assuming some more are ripe by then). This will be my first try at canning, and I will admit that I am nervous. My mom gave me all the instructions, and it doesn't seem TOO complicated, but everything always sounds easy until you actually have to do it by yourself. It's like "Minute to Win It". I love that show!! All of the challenges look so easy and you think, "Man, I could totally do that!!". But, as I realized at our last Mary Kay Big Quarterly Event, I am not very good at the challenges. Out of the 12 that I tried, I could only do 3. It was a very humbling experience. :) Anyway, not much else is going on at the moment. I've got 3 Mary Kay parties scheduled in the next week and I'm excited for that. Matt made more apricot ice cream on Tuesday. It was really yummy. He not only put blended apricots in, but he also chopped up some apricots so the ice cream would have apricot chunks in it too. Delicious!! We finished the rest of it last night, so I'm sure I'll be making more tonight. Love it!!!

Isabelle got a box of books yesterday from Grandma Hunter and she was so excited. I took some video of her taking them all out of the box and she was reading all of them. So cute!! She got excited when she could identify some of the pictures in the books. She must have spent at least an hour just reading and re-reading them. Maybe I'll post some of the video if I can figure out how to do that. :)

I suppose that's all of the excitement for now. Have a great day!! Oh, and don't forget that my birthday's next Thursday. :)

No comments: