Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well, I had my first Non-Stress Test yesterday, and I'm happy to report that the baby is doing just fine. I had my doctor's appointment on Monday & he saw the results of my last ultrasound, which said my fluid level is still low, so he said I need to go in every week for a non-stress test, maybe even more frequently if they find a problem. He said that the fluid level normally goes down the last few weeks of pregnancy anyway, so he was worried since I am already starting at a low level. I was a little nervous about it, but everything turned out OK. I have to go into the labor & delivery section of the hospital for the test. They first do an ultrasound to check the fluid was still low, but it hadn't gotten any lower since my last ultrasound, so that's good. Then they monitored the baby's heartbeat for 20 to 25 minutes just to make sure that it goes up like it's supposed to when she moves, and that it goes back down when she's resting. Anyway, the nurse said everything looked good, except for the fluid level, so she reminded me again that I need to lay down as much as I can. She said the placenta works better when you're laying down. Interesting. So I have another non-stress test next Tuesday, and will continue to have one every week until I have the baby. It was kind of funny, but when they put the baby heart monitor on they had to strap it on pretty tight because she kept moving around, and she did not like it at all. She kept kicking at it, and at one point she pushed so hard on it that it moved 2 or 3 inches. It just made me laugh, but she does not like it when they do ultrasounds or when people push on my stomach. I think we're going to have a stubborn little girl on our hands. Ha ha.

Well, we have our first Lamaze class tonight at the hospital. I'm so excited, but it also makes me realize how close I am getting to actually having the baby. It is such a strange a few weeks I will have a baby, no more alien kicking around in my stomach. Ha ha. It's just such a huge concept to try to wrap your mind around. I'm sure all you mothers know what I'm talking about. The more I think about it, the more excited, and the more nervous I get. It's such a huge thing, I'm just glad I have such a great husband who will take care of everything. =0) He really is the best!!

I have my work baby shower tomorrow night, and I'm really excited for that too. It will help me calm down a little bit to actually have more things for the baby. I'm excited to see everyone, and to see what cute things they bought too. I think it's so much more fun shopping for little girls than little boys. The crib & changing table that Matt's parents bought for us got delivered yesterday. I can't wait until they're actually assembled & in the baby's room. Unfortunately I still have to wait for Matt to finish painting the baby's room before we can do that. Hopefully he'll get it done soon. I feel bad for him sometimes, there's so much to do around the house, and I can't help him do any of it. I know he feels really overwhelmed sometimes, but it is all SLOWLY getting done, and he's a good sport about all of it. I'm hoping our countertops are still going to be installed on Friday. Matt was going to call them to double check, but I haven't heard from him yet. If not, they said they'll install them early next week. I'm so excited for that, I know I keep talking about it, but it's so exciting, especially since it's free!! Whoo-hoo!! OK, so now I'm just rambling, so I'll stop before you all get REALLY bored, although it may be too late. Have a great day, everybody!!!

No comments: