Background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Baby Blessing

Baby Isabelle was blessed yesterday. It was wonderful, Matt did such a good job. I know he was so nervous, but he really did a great job. Little baby Isabelle was promised some great things in her blessing. She is such a sweet baby. We blessed her in our old ward, which is also the ward I grew up in. We just felt more comfortable doing it there since we have so many friends in that ward. It was good to see everyone again. I loved Isabelle's dress, it was so fluffy!! We got it at Dressed in White, right next to the distribution center in Orem. I absolutely love it. We got her hair bow from Jason's wife, I work with Jason & his wife has made a lot of money off of me with her cute hair bows & barrettes. We had lunch at my mom's house afterwards, and that was so good. It was kind of sad, Matt had made a really good meat sauce the night before, he had been working on it for a few hours & then it burned during the finishing process. He read on-line that you could get the burnt taste out by cooking a potato in the sauce so he went to Wal-Mart to get some potatoes & the sauce burned again while he was gone. I'm sure it would have been really good, it smelled delicious, until it burned. :) Poor Matt. We ended up just buying some bottled sauce at the store. It was still good. Matt's brother Pat came down from Logan for the blessing. It was good to spend some time with him. He came down on Saturday & is leaving this afternoon. He stayed in our guest bedroom, which now has a bed in it, thanks to Matt's parents. My sister Jana came to stay last weekend. She came up to see my cousin Anthony's baby who has been very sick and in Primary Children's Hospital for a couple of weeks now. I am happy to report that Anthony's baby is doing a lot better, and was even smiling & laughing the other day, so hopefully she will get to come home soon. Jana also got to spend some time with little baby Isabelle while she was here. Jana would hardly put her down. :) She even came in to steal her from our bedroom in the morning. Ha ha. I know this entry is just a big rambling mess, but hey, at least it's an update, right?? We had Isabelle's 2 month well baby check up last Friday. She weighed 12 lbs 1 oz and is now 25 inches long. She was in the 94 percentile for her weight and she is off the charts for her height. They just put 99% because that's the highest they can go, but they said she is way off the chart. So we've got a tall girl on our hands. Hooray!! It will be a sad day when she's taller than me, but hopefully she will put her height to good use. :) I always wish that I was a few inches taller every time I play volleyball. Anyway, the 2 month appointment also meant that she had to get her first round of immunizations. She got 3 shots & took one immunization orally. She only cried for a minute, so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She was definitely cranky that night, but she was ok as long as I didn't put her down. She slept for a really long time both Friday & Saturday, and she finally started acting normally again Sunday morning, just in time to get blessed. Well, I guess that's all the news for now. Have a great day, everybody!! Here are some pictures Lora took after the blessing. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

katherine said...

Oh Lanna Isabelle is sooooo cute! Those pictures are darling. Blessing are such wonderful events, I'm glad it went so well.