Background

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 19, 2008

We're getting FREE granite countertops!!

It's true, and I'm so excited!! There is a new place opening in Orem, Evolution Marble, they had a grand opening event on Saturday & we entered to win new granite countertops. They called us later that night & told us we won. It's crazy!! They're going to be installed before Thanksgiving. We just need to pick out the color & finishes and they'll get it all taken care of. I was afraid they were going to say certain things weren't included, but they said it includes everything....tearing out the old countertops, installing the new ones, the backsplash, a new sink & new faucet. It's going to look so nice!! Yeah!! Anyway, that's the exciting news for now. Oh, we also got a new medicine cabinet & new hardware for the bathroom cupboards. We also got a million bulbs to plant so we can have lots & lots of flowers in the spring. The only bad thing about all the things that need to be done around the house is that I'm supposed to be resting as much as I can since my amniotic fluid level is still low, but I do a little at a time, so EVENTUALLY it will all be done....I hope. Ha ha.

I really like our new ward & our new neighbors. Everyone is really nice & friendly. Matt & I have been called to be on the activities committee. Our first big activity is the "Soup & Scoop" next week. I don't think we need to do much except show up, so that's good. A member of the bishopric came over tonight to ask us to speak in church on Sunday.....I guess that's a good thing. I don't know, I guess it's ok, but we JUST spoke in our old ward. Oh well, I don't mind it too much, I guess. I know Matt doesn't like it, but he'll survive. At least they gave us a really specific topic, that always makes it easier. We both got General Conference talks to talk on. Maybe I'll just read the whole talk. Ha ha. Another good thing about our neighborhood is we get a lot of trick-or-treaters, and we're really excited about that too. In our apartment on Center Street we didn't get any the first year, and we got 3 the next year. Last year in our Carterville Road apartment we got 8 or 9, but all the neighbors say we get A LOT, so we are really excited. We both love trick-or-treaters, they're SO cute!! I've already started stocking up on candy, and we decorated our front door & yard a little. I've got blood dripping in the windows, spider webs with lots of spiders, a cute Dracula in the yard and ghosts hanging in the tree. I just need to hang our big spider in the tree & carve a pumpkin sometime this week, and it will be complete. We also got a spooky light/noise maker that we'll put out on Halloween. Hopefully it won't scare the kids away. =0) Well, I was going to post pictures of the front door & what not, but we don't know where we packed the camera cable thingy, so it will have to wait a few days.

In other news the ultrasound tech checked again when she was checking the fluid level & said that unless it is doing a crazy good hiding job, we are having a girl. So I think Matt & his mom are finally convinced. =0) Matt even let me pick out pink paint for the baby's room. Just one more thing to add to the long list of things to do around the house, but at least we have a couple more months before that absolutely HAS to be done.

I suppose that's it for now. Have a good week everyone, and I'll post pictures as soon as we find the cable.

No comments: